Friday, July 29, 2016

C is for Cayenne and Cilantro

ABCs for healthy living are quick takes on simple strategies for creating a healthier life.
Fresh Cilantro

Cayenne pepper and cilantro are great anti-inflammatory spices.Inflammation on a cellular level sets us up for pain and disease processes. Eating real food and using spices that contain anti-inflammatory nutrients are great ways to decrease inflammation and pain and ramp up the immune system's ability to prevent illness. Use fresh chopped herbs and spices when possible. Want to grow your own herb garden? Check out this recent post:

How to Plant a Darwinian Herb Garden




Fresh Cayenne Peppers

We saw fresh cayenne peppers piled in baskets and hanging in bunches on doorposts when we visited Santa Fe, New Mexico. If you are looking for a great trip idea, I highly recommend Santa Fe. If you are looking for fresh cayenne peppers and don't live in the southwest, you may have to settle for the powdered version that can be purchased at most supermarkets.

Fajita Stir Fry is a great spiced up recipe that uses both cayenne and cilantro. Go to yesterday's post to get the recipe.

B is for Bell Pepper

Want to join my online community?

Follow my blog  Practical Priorities

Follow me on Twitter  @KathyKNorman

Like my Facebook page Practical Priorities 

Connect with me on LinkedIn  Kathy K. Norman

Check out my Pinterest boards KathyKNorman3

Visit my website www.kathyknorman.com




No comments:

Post a Comment