Wednesday, July 27, 2016

A is for Avocado

ABCs for healthy living are quick takes on simple strategies to create a healthier life.

Eat Avocados
Avocados are packed with healthy nutrients including 14 vitamins and 10 minerals like Vitamin B 12, Vitamin D, folate, calcium, and potassium.
To peel an avocado, slice it in half with a paring knife being careful to slice around the hard pit in the center. Start at the top of the avocado and run your knife all the way around making two halves. Twist the halves apart. Remove the seedlike pit. Slice into wedges and then pull away the prickly skin with your fingers. Want more peeling and slicing tips? Check out this YouTube video:
Eat slices as a side dish, chop and sprinkle on top of chicken stew or chili, or make guacamole by mashing the avocado and adding salt and lime juice to taste. The guacamole can be spiced up with a wide variety of flavorful ingredients. Try adding one or more of the following: finely chopped garlic, cilantro, cumin, cayenne pepper, hot sauce, turmeric, chopped tomatoes, or a little chopped onion.

Want to join my online community?

Follow my blog  Practical Priorities

Follow me on Twitter  @KathyKNorman

Connect with me on LinkedIn  Kathy K. Norman

Like my Facebook page Practical Priorities  

Check out my Pinterest boards KathyKNorman3

Visit my website www.kathyknorman.com



No comments:

Post a Comment