Friday, December 4, 2015

Book Nook: Eating on the Wild Side


Kindle version of "Eating on the Wild Side"


I've read a lot of books about food, healthy eating, fibromyalgia, faith, chemicals, autoimmune diseases, and making lifestyle changes as I've searched for information and ideas about ways to cope with chronic illness. From time to time on the blog, I'll share reviews of books that I have found to be especially helpful.

Eating on the Wild Side:The Missing Link to Optimum Health by Jo Robinson is full of fascinating and useful information. The book describes the earliest origins of the food we eat today, gives pointers on how to select the most nutritious varieties of the fruits and vegetables available, and shares delicious and nutritious recipes.

I learned how to make smart choices at the salad bar; found out which potatoes, onions, and apples are the healthiest; learned how to select the most nutritious tomatoes, broccoli, peaches,and berries, and discovered the best places to find the best produce. 

I added new recipes to my collection including recipes for:

Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Potato Salad with Sundried Tomatoes and Kalamata Olives
Baked Kale Chips
Apple Crisp with Apple Skins
Cranberry Horseradish Relish

The book is available at your favorite bookstore or you can buy the paperbook, hardback, or Kindle version at amazon.com Eating on the Wild Side


Want to stay connected?

Like my Facebook page: Practical Healing in a Toxic World  to find lots of practical ways to move toward a healthy life.The page has recipes, tips on chemical free living, fibromyalgia facts, and spiritual encouragement. 

Follow me on Twitter  @KathyKNorman

Check out my Pinterest boards KathyKNorman3

No comments:

Post a Comment