Sunday, April 28, 2013

Daily menu of healthy food




I had to constantly remind myself to maintain an attitude of gratitude during the months it took for me to gather all of the information I needed to recover from fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.  Maintaining a positive outlook while getting the chemicals out of my environment was easy. Remaining cheerful while making drastic changes in my diet was a lot more difficult. It took time, prayer, and patience.  I eventually learned to be grateful for what I can eat instead of being bummed out about what I can't eat.  

I have been eating healthy whole foods that are high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties for over a year.  It took several months to get all of the unhealthy, processed, chemically laden food out of my system because I was on a learning curve finding out what I needed to eliminate and which healthy whole foods were the best choices to add.

I have been symptom free for almost five months.  Every morning I am amazed that I wake up with no pain and no debilitating fatigue. Here is a typical daily menu.



BREAKFAST

scrambled egg                  
whole wheat toast with raw honey sprinkled with almonds 
dark red grapes and fresh pineapple
hot ginger tea (recipe in earlier post)


LUNCH

grilled steak sandwich
raw carrot sticks and radishes with vinaigrette dip
chips
orange and half a banana


DINNER

ground turkey meatballs with tomato basil sauce
pasta
mixed green salad
berry oat muffin


SNACK

baked apple drizzled with raw honey and sprinkled with walnuts and cinnamon



I am grateful that I have a glass (and plate and bowl) and that there are plenty of choices of healthy food to put in them.


                    


No comments:

Post a Comment