Monday, February 15, 2016

10 Healthy Recipes with Almonds


Raw Almonds


I made three major lifestyle changes that led to my recovery from fibromyalgia. Making these choices can help moderate symptoms, not only from fibromyalgia, but also from many other chronic illnesses and autoimmune diseases. 

  • I got as many chemicals as possible out of my home environment by changing what I used for cleaning and personal grooming. 
  • I stopped eating most processed food. 
  • I started eating real food with a lot of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients.

Check out the post from February 8 for info on the health benefits of adding antioxidant rich foods to your diet. Almonds are a delicious and versatile food high in antioxidants.They are a great source of Vitamin E, Vitamin B2, manganese, copper and other nutrients. Look for raw unsalted almonds with no additives. They can be eaten by the handful for a snack, sprinkled over yogurt, added to muffin batter, and used in stir-fry recipes. I have searched the web this week for healthy almond recipes to give you some ideas of creative ways to use this nutritious little nut.Click the links to check out some of my favorite finds.

Main dishes with an extra crunch factor.


Almond Crusted Chicken Fingers

Almond and Lemon Crusted Fish with Spinach


If you want to go vegan, try these scrumptious burgers.

Lentil and Almond Burgers


Side dishes that add a dash of pizzazz to company dinners or family meals.

Wild Rice with Shiitakes and Toasted Almonds

Green Beans with Goat Cheese, Tomatoes,and Almonds


A Colorful salad that complements any menu.

Strawberry Spinach Salad


Delectable desserts.

Flourless Honey Almond Cake

Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake


Snacks that blend the nutritional power duo of almonds and honey.

Almond Honey Power Bars

Honey Glazed Almonds


Want to join my online community?

Follow this blog on one of the links located on the sidebar.

Follow my faith blog Living Faith Words

Follow me on Twitter  @KathyKNorman

Connect with me on LinkedIn  Kathy K. Norman

Like my Facebook page Practical Healing in a Toxic World  to find practical ways to move toward a healthy life, recipes, tips on chemical free living, fibromyalgia facts, and spiritual encouragement. 

Check out my Pinterest boards KathyKNorman3

Visit my website www.kathyknorman.com

No comments:

Post a Comment