Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I Feel Good Now. I Hoped That I Would. Wow!

An Exhilarating Week





I have been sharing things I did to recover from fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. Check out previous posts if you want to catch up.  I have a lot more to blog about concerning this process.  But I had such an awesome week, I couldn't wait to write about it.  When I was sick, I barely had the energy to get out of bed in the morning, It took a huge effort to complete a simple errand. Taking a shower was exhausting.  If I traveled, played with the grandchildren, or attended a meeting, I was immobile for two or three days afterward.  I had severe constant pain in my joints and muscles. I was having difficulty sleeping and a lot of other symptoms. Prior to the onset of this horrible disease, I was an energetic, cheerful, busy woman. After the onset, I felt doomed to spend each day of the rest of my life tumbling  into the ever increasing grip of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. Bit by bit I was losing my sense of the self I used to be.

After my chemical epiphany, I worked on ways to get the chemicals out of my house, out of my food, and out of my life. I started putting the right kinds of food into my body.  Today I have no symptoms at all.

Here is a glimpse of what a week with no symptoms looks like:

Wednesday:  cleaned house, exercised, did laundry, ironed, worked on writing projects, helped lead small group study at church that night, walked up the stairs instead of having to take the elevator

Thursday:  errands, packed for a trip, payed bills, traveled five hours from my home to visit family, read stories to grandchildren, rocked youngest to sleep

Friday:  more play time with grandchildren, visited with oldest one at her school which included lunch, story time, recess on playground, went to her basketball game that night, stayed up until midnight waiting for rest of family to arrive 

Saturday:  up early to get ready for middle grandchild's birthday party, went to party, chased children around, played after party, shopped for a new car, more rocking and story time

Sunday:  packed up, drove new car back home, unpacked, planned menus and made grocery list, worked on more writing projects

Monday:  up early, errands, exercised, drove downtown to meet husband for lunch, bought groceries, put everything away, straightened up house, welcomed out of town guests to our home for dinner

Tuesday: up early and off to help with ESL classes, back home to do laundry, exercised,  worked on writing projects, cooked, supper is in the oven as I type.

I haven't had any down time in seven days.  I am having no chronic fatigue symptoms or fibromyalgia pain.  Having the energy to stay busy and enjoy life is a gift I took for granted before I got sick.  I was unable to function normally for three years.  Being able to live my life again to the fullest with joy and relish is a blessing beyond my power to comprehend.

I am astounded and amazed.  I thank God every day for showing me what to do to get better. I don't know what a miracle is supposed to look like, but this feels like one to me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment